Saturday, July 22, 2006

Festa di Tutti i Santi Sunday August 27, 2006



Resolved,

Shall the Society of St. Barbara constuct a banner and march in procession for Festa di Tutti Santi at the Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii? This from my friend Marcia at the Shrine:

"Include Your Saint Society in the Procession. The festa begins with a special Mass at 11:00 AM, followed by a procession of Italian saint societies carrying their banners around Arrigo Park.
If your saint society would like to participate, please call Marcia Piemonte at the Shrine office ate (312) 421-3757 or email marcia@ourladyofpompeii.org. We would be most honored to have your society join us!"

Anyone up for a March around Cabrini hospital and over to Taylor Steret, with perhaps some family fun and food afterwards?

2 comments:

Publia said...

I would love to come as I like a nice procession. However, I am not Catholic. You should be heartened that I am not a Presbyterian. Hope you find some people who would like to go. How about the Backyard Conservative? Your blog is a good one.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure of my plans that week, but I'll consider it, and mention it to a few locals...